SES is a social enterprise company that has been tackling poverty and inequality for over three decades through practical business and consultancy support. Since SES started, we have had one goal in mind.
Our vision is:
“To use enterprise in all its forms as a vehicle for the creation of a fairer society through the alleviation of inequality and poverty, and to underpin our work by taking an evidence-based approach”
We believe that the development of enterprise skills, the growth of successful small businesses and social enterprises, all offer people routes out of workless and poverty.
We care deeply about what we do and how we do it. Our team members apply their detailed knowledge to work with understanding and insight.
Our values are:
• A commitment to fostering enterprise in all its forms for the benefit of the economy and society. • A belief in a more equitable and inclusive society. • Respecting all people as individuals and recognizing their worth. • A belief that co-operation and self-help are creative forces for change. • Being honest, accessible, approachable and accountable.
We are proud of our track record of achievement because it provides a springboard for progress. We deliver positive outcomes above and beyond the simple provision of business support.
Our objectives are:
• To actively promote and support the development of enterprise in hard-pressed communities of the Region. • To help people to overcome the barriers that they face in seeking to start a successful business. • To encourage individuals and groups to be more entrepreneurial. • To provide an outreach service from local centres in the community. • To develop the physical infrastructure needed to underpin our efforts in local communities. • To build long-term and helpful relationships. • To promote, develop and support traditional and social enterprises.
Social enterprise can be a complicated area. You can find out more about our services. Contact Us
All SES’ achievements and impacts are carefully documented in an annual Social Audit and Social Return on Investment report. This involves all staff and stakeholders, and provides an opportunity for feedback and comment. More…
SES is managed by two people – Mark Saddington and Kevin Marquis. Kevin looks after operations and development ����������� day-to-day management, staff management and appraisal, and finances. More…
Our Strategic Network And Delivery Partners
• Social Enterprise Coalition
• The Cooperative Group/Enterprise Hub
• North East Social Enterprise Partnership (NESEP)
• Princes Trust
• Social Enterprise North East
• Federation of Small Businesses
����� Gentoo (Enterprising Futures)
• Cazway Ltd
• Bridges Community Bank
• Gateshead Council
• Newcastle City Council
• North Tyneside Council
• South Tyneside Council
• Keckle Ltd
•���� Sunderland City Council